Hello Conservation Action Community!
Today we celebrate National Voter Registration Day with a important civic information! First, If you have not registered to vote, and have the capability to do so, we ask that you go to the Secretary of State’s online portal to register today. Now with that out of the way, here are a series of key election dates that we ask everyone to keep in mind. Your vote is important to the future of Sonoma County’s conservation and environmental health, so we want to make sure you have all the information you need.
- September 29th: First day that sample ballots arrive.
- October 10th: Absentee Ballot voting opens.
- October 24th: The last day to register to vote. Registration must either be post marked or electronically filed no later than this date.
- November 1st: The deadline to request an absentee ballot if you are already registered to vote.
- November 8th: Election Day! If you are not able to return your absentee ballot by mail, you must return your ballot in person at either the Registrar of Voters Office, or any polling place in Sonoma County. This must take place no later than 8 p.m. on election day.
- November 11th: The last day to receive a VBM ballot in the mail that was post marked no later than November 8th.