Sonoma County Conservation Action works to stand up for the rights of our community. We focus on protecting open space and biodiversity, diverse, resilient and equitable communities, ocean and coastline protection, climate action, clean water and healthy soils and affordable housing.
How we take action
- Cultivate and support elected leaders
- Watchdog local county and city actions
- Develop and shape policy
- Mobilize, advocate and train leaders
Our current campaigns
Our organization and network of volunteers constantly monitor environmental policy developments throughout the county. We advocate for public process and alert our members when public action is needed.
Below is a list of our active campaigns for 2018:
- Protecting our public spaces from toxins
- Felta Creek Timber Harvest Plan
- Water Quality Trading in the Laguna de Santa Rosa
- BoDean Asphalt Plant Compliance
Our success depends on an aware and engaged community, so inform your family, friends and neighbors about these important local issues!